Bihar board of open schooling and Examination (BBOSE) is an ‘Institution of Open and Distance Learning’ under the ‘Societies Act’ of a government registered society. like ‘National Institute of Open Schooling ie NIOS‘, The objective of establishing this board is to provide open and distance learning in Bihar.
Bihar board of open schooling and Examination (BBOSE) was established in2011, in the month of February by an autonomous organization of the Bihar Education Department. Bihar Open Board is an ‘Open and Distance Learning Institution’ under the ‘Societies Act’ of a government registered society. The objective of establishing this board is like ‘National Institute of Open Schooling ie NIOS’ in Bihar. To provide open and distance learning.
Bihar has been deprived of education by this board, with special attention to the socio-economic and religious classes to provide education and skills to backward areas. BBOSE also develops educational materials and books related to all levels of the formal school system, from class I to class 12. For BBOSE class 10 V and class 12 V, C.B.S.E./I.C.S.E. And like other secondary boards also conducts public examinations.
With the effect of a combination of the State Council of Educational Research and Training and the Bihar School Examination Board, Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination (BBOSE) has been established for open and distance learning at the school level.
Bihar board of open schooling and Examination has many unique and distinctive features that make it different from all other formal Examination boards –
Key features of Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination (BBOSE)
Vocational and skills training, in addition to the secondary and senior secondary programs, also provides direct classes 5 and on for further classes (but for classes below degree level).
- It allows the combination of academic subjects of Class 10 and Class 12 as well as vocational courses.
- This Board of Open Education offers diplomas and certificates for various academic and professional courses, which are available for the different duration and qualification levels.
- Study centers are available in 38 districts of Bihar state under BBOSE.
- It also offers various life enrichment courses in different categories.
Among the other innovative features of BBOSE is the special program to reach out to disadvantaged groups like Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Economically Backward Classes, Minorities, Nomadic Groups, River Population.
- To take care of the needs of the population of Bihar, programs at the academic and vocational level that start-up are available till pre-primary ie ECCE, Basic Education, Secondary, Senior Secondary, Vocational Education, Life Prosperity, etc..
It is the first school to provide ‘guided learning’ for the use of all the government schools and their teachers in the state of Bihar without distance learning or distance learning using a wide network. Can be obtained before or after school ends.
For the concept of Bihar State Education Promotion, for the education of girls and to improve the sex ratio among SRCs, all-girl students belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) category are admitted in BBOSE courses (instead of concession) is given.