A total of about 350 private and government medical colleges in India offers about 50000 undergraduate medical seats but all the students are not being that lucky charm to get an admission in medical because in a country of 1.32 Billion people (comprising of almost 18% of world population) this is very less as compared to the demand of medical professionals. moreover, the half of the seats are allotted to private colleges and each of that seat cost 50 lack to 70 lacks as fee and up to 50 lacks as capitation. That is the reason why students go to other countries that offer the same level of standards in terms of education, accommodation and significance of the degree but are much much cheaper. In this context, if we see Philippines is the best country to study MBBS.
Filipinos are great hosts and are incredibly cordial and polite, therefore Students going to study MBBS feels at home. Due to the cultural similarities, easy communication, the similarity in climate and language, it is the first choice of the Indian student to study MBBS. Here are some of the important reasons why Indian students prefer the Philippines for higher studies.
Reasons to Study MBBS in the Philippines
- Because Philippines has established and maintained uniform standards of medical education, The MD in Philippines is recognized and approved as an equivalent course to the MBBS by the MCI (Medical Council of India).after the MCI formalities you can practice in most of the worlds including India. Moreover, they not only prepare you for medical practice, but also for the MCI screening test.
- Most of the medical universities of Philippines are listed in the WHO, IMED and ECFMG medical education directories and are widely renowned in many countries for the superior standard of education
- All the top medical colleges of Philippines have highly qualified and experienced Professors and teaching and non-teaching staff from different countries, including the USA, Europe and India. The entire faculty are co-operative and ready to help you with every query.
- Because the medium of instruction is English, it diminishes the barrier of learning the native language as in many other countries and helps to concentrate only on the study. It also helps when you communicate with the patient as the Philippines is the 3rd largest English speaking country where more than 90% of Filipinos speak English.
- Philippines colleges do not have any capitation fees or donation neither there is any kind of under table dealing for admission because they are regulated by the Philippines ministry of education.
- The present President Mr Rodrigo Duterte has signed a bill related to providing free education to 112 government universities in the country. This has an impact on the private universities as well and they have decreased there fee which was already very low compared to the world standards.
- As the climate of Philippines is very similar to that of most part of India, therefore mostly the people have the same pattern of medical problems and disease which aids to the Indian students who want to practice in India. Moreover, it helps Indian students in settling with no trouble when they come to the country and this is a great advantage for the students.
- Education from the Philippines especially in medical fields opens numerous opportunities to make a career in English speaking countries inclusive of UK, USA, Australia, Canada, etc where there is a scarcity of Doctors and medical professionals because Philippines largely follows US education system
- MBBS degree of Philippines offers you great career opportunity of working in the US, Canada, Australia and other developed countries because it is recognized by medical council of every major country. You can practice in India after completing the MCI registration formalities because the medical degree of Philippines is recognized by Medical Council of India.
- In the hostel of the medical colleges of Philippines, you will get Indian food because there is a large number of India students and therefore they have a large number of messes and team of Indian chefs to make all the Indian dishes available for Indian students at affordable rates.
- Low living cost is another advantage at Philippines. The difference in Philippines peso and Indian rupee is very less that makes Philippines more affordable as compared to most of the European countries.
- For study of MD also Philippines is a renowned country, which is confirmed by the students coming from US, UK, Japan, France, Australia, and Germany including India.
- It is easy to obtain a student visa and processing of documentation is quick because Philippines embassy is very liberal when it comes to student and education visa. Also, excellent flight connectivity from India offers easy commutation throughout the year. You can get a to and fro ticket at as low as Rs 15000/-
- Approx 20,000 students from all over the world enrol every year To study MBBS in Philippines. The number of Indian students enrolling for MBBS in Philippines are drastically increased in recent years and that tells everything about study MBBS in Philippines.
Top Medical Colleges in Philippines
In Philippines, there are several medical colleges which are regulated by the CHE ( commission on higher education) and follows US education system throughout the course. The whole course of MBBS incorporates theories, practical, problem dealing, research papers, seminars and much more. The highly competitive environment among the MBBS colleges in Philippines has enticed each to augment the quality of education, facilities and other needs of the student. Here is a list of some of the top medical colleges of Philippines.
- AMA Medical University
- Cagayan State Medical University
- Angeles University Foundation
- Manila Central University
- Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- University of Perpetual Help
- Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine
- Our Lady of Fatima University
Eligibility for Admission in MBBS?
The criteria set by MBBS colleges in the Philippines are very moderate:
- Before 31st Dec of the year in which the student wants to go to Philippines, Student should have completed 17 years of age
- A student should have passed out 12th science with a 50% aggregate of physics, chemistry and biology. He/she must have English as a subject and passed in English.
The college fees of MBBS in Philippines is regulated by the Philippines ministry of education that makes it is very affordable as compared to the medical colleges in India. Moreover, the colleges for MBBS in Philippines do not have any capitation or donations neither any under- table deals are there. So this country is undoubtedly a good choice for those who want to be a doctor.
Documents to study MBBS in Philippines?
o Application form for a student visa
o NOA (original notice of acceptance)
o Valid Passport
o Three photographs of the applicant
o Medical health certificate of the applicant (life-size, chest x-ray and laboratory reports)
o CEA (Police Clearance Certificate authenticated by the Philippine Embassy)
o Visa fee