IIT JEE (Main) 2018
Joint Entrance Examination or the JEE is a national level entrance test conducted every year by Central Board of Secondary Education. Students get admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFIs and other institutes of Engineering/ Architecture on the basis of JEE Main examination. This examination is conducted in two phases; JEE Main and JEE Advance. You are required to pass JEE Main in order to sit for the JEE Advanced exam.
Notification of Joint Entrance Examination 2018 has been issued. Candidates can apply for JEE (Main) examination on the official website (jeemain.nic.in) from 1 December to 1 January 2018. This Examination will be conducted through offline mode on 8th of April 2018 and through online mode on 15th of April, 2018. After the JEE (Main) exam, JEE Advanced 2018 will be conducted on 20th of May, 2018. Here is the complete knowledge about the eligibility, application process, important date, format and course of JEE Main examination; and of course some very important tips also.
Eligibility for JEE Main:
The eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2018 are given below.
- Students must have passed 10 + 2 or equivalent examination in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English subjects.
- There is no minimum point required in the 12th to write JEE Main Exam. Students shall only have passed the exam.
- Students who have passed 10 + 2 or equivalent examination in 2016 and 2017 can give JEE Main Examination 2018.
• Students who are passing the 12th examination in 2018 can also apply.
- Only those students are eligible who are born on or after First October 1993.
• There is five years relaxation in the age limit for those students who belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Disabled class
Number of Attempts:
- Students can write JEE Main exams only three times.
- Students can write JEE advance exams only two times in consecutive years.
Eligibility for admission in IIT, NIT, CFTIs:
- For admission in IIT, NIT, CFTIs, students will either have to secure 75% marks in the 12th standard (65% marks for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes).
- Or the student should be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th examination of the respective board.
Important Dates of JEE Main 2018
Online application availability
Correction of image
Last date for filing the application form
Last date for payment of fees
Application Form Refinement
Admit card issued
Date of Examination (Offline Mode)
Date of examination (online mode)
Answer key released between
Date of result announcement (Paper 1)
Date of result announcement (Paper 2)
22 Nov 2017
1 December 2017
December 8, 2017
1 January 2018
January 2, 2018
9 – 22 January 2018
March 12, 2018
April 8, 2018
15 and 16 April 2018
24 – 27 April 2018
30 April 2018
31 May 2018
If your JEE (Main) Rank is Low
In case your JEE (Main) rank is not satisfactory and you need help of an expert, please fill up the form below for a Career Counselling session which can lead you to get admission in Top B.Tech colleges.
JEE Main Exam Format
The Exam Pattern for Paper 1 and Paper 2 is given below.
For JEE Main Paper 1:
- Course – Paper 1 is organized for admission in B.Tech courses.
- Examination method – The examination will be conducted through online and offline mode.
- Duration of examination – This examination will be of 3 hours.
- Types of questions – Multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination.
- The number of questions – total 90 questions shall be there.
- Marks – The question paper will be of 360 (Full marks) .
- Subject – The question paper will be asked in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Marking scheme – 4 marks will be given to the student for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking – 1 mark shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
For JEE Main Paper 2:
• Course – Paper 2 is organized for admission in
If your JEE (Main) Rank is not Satisfactory
Students who get low scores in JEE can also get admission in major engineering colleges and universities. There are several well-known private colleges and universities recognized by the government in different states of the country, where students can get admission easily by joining the counselling process organized by the state government. Also, they can get seats in many big private universities by joining the university-level counselling process.
It is natural for the parents and the students (who are trying to get admission for the first time) that they do not have adequate and comparative information regarding the level of colleges and universities across the country. Many times in relation to counselling process also they have lack of information.
• Applications will be received only by online mode.
• JEE Main 2018 applications have begun to be filled from 1 December 2017.
• Students can fill up the application form by January 1, 2018.
• To fill the JEE Main Application Form (JEE Main Application Form 2018), students must have Aadhaar number / Aadhaar enrolment number/registration number which will be provided by the Facilitation Centre.
• Students will also have to choose slot (examination date and time) while filling the application form.
Tips for JEE 2018 Examination
Admit card for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2018 is now released on CBSE’s official website jeemain.nic.in. If you are going to take these exams this year, here are some tips on which you can get the best results in this examination.
- Focusing on the goal is absolutely necessary if you have any. You must have a strong desire to achieve the goal. There should be nothing between the target and you which can distract you.
- Positive attitude to success is very important. Believe in yourself, work hard, stay firm, and believe that success will be yours.
To succeed in the exam, students should make time-table for a proper study. Students understand the entire examination pattern and syllabus of JEE Main. Students must keep a good command in the NCERT books. NCERT books can help students score good points in JEE Main. Along with preparing for the exam, students must also pay attention to their health. Solve last year’s question papers and sample papers.
Examination results of JEE Main 2018 (JEE Main 2018 Result) will be announced by the organizing officer of the examination through online mode. Student exam results can be seen on April 30, 2018, for Paper 1. JEE Main’s test results show actual scores and ranks. On the basis of rank, the student will get an idea whether he is eligible for JEE Advance. All India Rank (AIR) will be considered for admission to IIT, NIT, IIIT, GFTIs, and others. For Calculation of All India Rank (AIR), no weightage will be given to the 12th-grade marks.
JEE Main 2018: Correct Way of Preparation
JEE Main 2018: Correct Way of Preparation
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Maine) for admission to engineering is to be held on 8th of April 2018 in offline mode and on 15th and 16th of April 2018 in online mode. On the basis of this exam conducted by CBSE every year, admission in undergraduate courses (BE / BTech) is given in IIT, NIT and technical institutions assisted by the Central and States. Know how to prepare for JEE in a perfect way.
JEE (Main) 2018- Counselling Procedure & Schedule
National level entrance examination JEE Main was held on April 08, 2018 for paper-based and on April 15 and 16, 2018 for online mode. It was the most important exam for the engineering aspirants which took place in 248 cities across India, and also in 10 cities abroad. This year about 11.50 lack students appeared in the exam. The result is out and the students have got their rank. Now starts the most critical part of the whole process- Counselling. Here is detailed information about JEE Main 2018 Counselling Procedure and schedules.
Although the exact date is not announced, but the counselling for JEE Main 2018 for admissions to 97 participating institutions through the JEE Main and JEE Advance exams will start in June 2018 which will be conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). IITs, NITs, IIITs, NSITs and other CFTIs include in the list.
Process of Counselling
You are not required to visit physically at some institute for the counselling and the mode of counselling is online only. You will have to visit the official website https://jeemain.nic.in/ , register yourself and fill up the choice. Following steps are there.
Steps of JEE Main 2018 Counselling
A candidate will have to attend following steps to get the final allotment confirmation & to ….
Best Engineering Branches
To solve the baffles almost all the engineering students come across while selecting an engineering branch here is some top upcoming branches. Opportunities and scope are there in almost every field of engineering, although the scope might keep changing as new trends, technologies and requirements emerge with each year. The IT sector today is a booming field as compared to other sectors and there is a huge demand of Computer Science Engineers and programmers because every business and organization is going digital. As a demand of the new era following branches of engineering are the most promising, secure and offer highest salary and compensation.
B.Tech in Cyber Security
What is Cyber Security
A set of techniques used to protect systems, network, and data from cyber-attacks is known as Cyber Security. The main aim of the Cyber Security experts is to ensure a system’s integrity and confidentiality of information. These professionals secure the systems from many kinds of cyber-attacks such as hijacking files, phishing, unpatched software, malware, hacking and identity theft etc.
A degree in Cyber Security makes you well versed with the processes and practices followed for protecting networks and misuse of data etc unauthorized persons or systems. In the course, they teach you how to detect vulnerabilities of a system, ward off attacks and manage emergency situations.
Need for Cyber Security
With new innovative techniques, cyber crimes are on the rise these days. For any organization, it is of utmost importance to secure its systems, network, and data.
Organizations are not ready to and must not take risks as far as security of their data, information and system security is concerned because they know that data breaches and information leak have dissolved many businesses. That’s why the demand for Cyber Security professionals has increased tremendously and will increase in future also.
“You are welcome to Ideal Career. Here we ensure your successful career and future in the field of Engineering. We focus on providing all assistance by making the admission easier and beneficial to admission seekers.