Millions of students in India pass the graduate exam every year. Many of these students dream of joining the corporate world to build a career and earn huge money by becoming successful in top positions. MBA (Master of Business Administration) nowadays is an attractive choice for completing this dream. Although MBA is done by many institutes but in India CAT exam conducted by IIM has the highest importance. About 2.5 Lakh students take this exam every year. That is why CAT is tough and to pass the exam, students need constant study.
CAT or Common Admission Test is a computer-based examination organized by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM). IIM students study the Business Management and Business Administration programs to make a career in this field.
What is IIM
IIM is the abbreviation of the Indian Institute of Management. IIM organizes entrance exam for the selection of students for the MBA programs which are called CAT. The score provided by CAT is Not only valid for IIMs but many other management schools also recognized it.
Eligibility for CAT Exam
Students must possess a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university. The maximum age limit for this exam is not fixed.
Students appearing in the last year who are in the last year or are waiting for the results, they are also eligible for the CAT 2019.
Reservation: Scheduled Caste candidates: 15%, ST: 7.5%, OBC: 27%, Disabled persons: 3%
CAT 2019 online registration
Candidates will have to apply online for CAT 2019 because there is no offline mode for registration. The application will be available online in the second week of August.
How to apply for CAT?
- Go to CAT’s official website https://iimcat.ac.in
- Enter original details and register.
- Candidates will get login details via email id.
- Fill all the necessary details like name, address, qualification etc.
- Upload the passport size photographs, signatures and other scanned documents on the website.
- Registration charges can be paid only through online payment methods.
- Get a printout of your application to show it at the examination center.
The application fee for CAT 2019
- Application Fee for General Fee / NC-OBC candidates is Rs. 1700 / -.
- Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / PWD candidates will have to pay Rs. 850 / – as application fee.
- The fee payment can be done through debit/credit card and net banking only.
If you want admission in MBA
If you want admission in any Management Course and you need help of an expert, please fill up the form below for a Career Counselling session which can lead you to get admission in Top Management colleges.
CAT Exam Syllabus
The examination paper is based on the topics mentioned above. The CAT course varies every year, so there is no definite pattern. There can be four types of questions- Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability and English, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability or Mathematics.
CAT 2018 had three sections:
Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Section III: Quantitative Ability
CAT Exam Pattern
CAT is a computer-based examination in which 100 questions are asked. Questions are objective types. For each right answer, 3 marks are awarded. You are given 3 hours to resolve all these questions. Negative marking is there. For each wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted. No mark is given or deducted for un-attempted answers.
CAT 2019 Admit Card
- The candidates can get the Admit Card, once the official date is declared. Ensure that you are taking Admit Card with you in the examination hall.
- Only those eligible candidates who have successfully registered online will get the entrance test.
- You can download the Admit Card which will be available only online on the website.
- Candidates can download the Admit Card using their login details.
- There will be important sections like candidates, roll number, exam date and time, login details, registration number, PWD status etc. on the Admit Card.
CAT 2019 results
Make sure you are looking for an official website for results. To see results and other details, you can easily see the status by entering ID and roll number. The Cat Scorecard will be available on the website.
How to prepare for CAT
In order to pass any examination, students must first be aware of the syllabus related to the questions asked in that examination. Try to get more information about the types of questions that are asked in the CAT exam. You should study the last few years’ question paper of CAT for this. Get help from the internet especially on Youtube. A book from some good publication helps a lot. Get help from a student or a coaching institute at home or around you who can help you in preparation or solve your questions. At least 6-8 hours study every day is needed for the preparation. daily watch the news on TV and regularly read a newspaper. This will keep you updated with the latest information.
How much time is Enough
Experts and qualified students claim that if the student is studying smart and achieving goals, then six to nine months is enough to prepare for the CAT exam. To get good marks in this examination, it is necessary for the candidates to get enough scores. Enough score doesn’t mean that you answer all the questions. You should try to answer maximum questions and all answers should be correct. Many students who got top positions in the past few years say that they have passed the examination by studying 6-8 hours daily in a period of six months. For this, you need to be aware of the exam pattern.
What time it needs
Generally, the application process for the CAT examination starts in August and the examination held in December. Accordingly, if you start in February or March, you will have about 9-10 months for preparation. This is enough time for candidates who are planning to take the exam this year.
Time management in CAT Exam
CAT is such a test that you need to know about time management to get through. There are many types of questions on the exam. First of all, solve the questions for which you are assured that you know that well. After answering all the questions you know, solve those questions in which you will be taking more time. This will not waste your precious time. Don’t attempt the question for the answer of which you are not sure because there is negative marking.
Tips for Preparing of CAT
- You can easily score in the CAT with the appropriate study program. Ensure that you have a detailed plan to try the exam and you get the idea of weaker areas that you need to work.
- Practice test papers as much as you can, to understand the examination pattern. It is advised that while practicing these tips, perform a mock test regularly.
- Reach your highest abilities by solving more strong topics every 10-15 days.
- 8-10 hours of study is required every day, especially before 6 months of the CAT examination.
- Management schools want to test the understanding of basic concepts that are tailored to students.
- Do not put too much pressure on the brain. Your brain must be calm for such a high level of examination. So when you come closer to the exam day, you can revise what you have already studied instead of learning new things.
- If you get nervous then you will not be able to achieve your goal. Have faith in your preparation and take full brain power ahead. While entering the examination hall, keep the admission card, pencil, pan etc. with you to avoid the last minute troubles and pressure.
“You are welcome to Ideal Career. Here we ensure your successful career and future in the field of Management. We focus on providing all assistance by making the admission easier and beneficial to admission seekers.