Bachelor in Pharmacy
Admission counseling started for session 2018-19
Bachelor in Pharmacy: Course, Eligibility & Career Prospects
B.Pharma (Bachelor of Pharmacy) is a bachelor’s degree course in Pharmacy Education. Those students who are interested in the medical field (to become a doctor) can choose this course after the completion of class XII (PCM / B). After completion of this degree, students can practice as a pharmacist. Pharmacists can work in a range of industries related to prescription, construction and provision of medicines. The duration of this course is 4 years. In this course, students study about drugs and pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical engineering, pharmaceutical chemistry etc. This course offers a large number of offers.
Different career options are available to students after completion of B.Pharm degree. Students can go for higher studies in pharmacy. The demand of pharma professionals increases in this area every year and this is one of the evergreen areas in the medical field. The program includes courses including biochemical science and health care. The Pharmacy field provides you with many career opportunities, if you want to make your future in the pharmacy sector, you can choose one of the many courses. This course can be Diploma, Degree or Post Graduate degree course.
Admission in B.Pharma
The following process is required for admission in B.Pharm.
- For admission to Pharmacy Courses, students will have to pass Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology. Students must get minimum 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Students must apply for their 10 + 2 education and national level or state level Pharmacy entrance examination. National Level Entrance Examination, Graduate Pharmacy Attitude Test (GPAT). According to eligibility criteria of the examination, you can also apply for state level examinations like TS EAMCET, APEAMCET, BSECE, WBJEE etc.
- There are various examinations organized by private and public universities for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate Pharmacy Courses. Some famous university level exams such as BVP CET, IPU CET, MHT-CET, etc. Some institutes provide direct entry into the pharmacy program without being present in the entrance examination on 12th basis basis.
Estimated fees for B.Pharma:
Fee structure for B.Pharm will be according to different colleges, which can be up to Rs 20,000-200,000. Fee in Government colleges are between 20,000 to 60,000 per year whereas that in private colleges are between 40,000 to 1,50,000 per year or even Rs 2,00,000 per year.
Top 10 B.Pharma Colleges in India
There are many universities in India to do the Bachelor of Pharmacy course, where full information about B.Forma is given, so that students can secure their own futures.
- Indian Institute of Technology (BHU IIT), Varanasi
- Madras Medical College – (MMC), Chennai
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- Institute of Chemical Technology – (ICT), Mumbai
- JSS College of Pharmacy, The Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu
- LM College of Pharmacy – (LMCP), Ahmadabad
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – (GGSIPU), New Delhi
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune
- Al – Amin College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
If you want admission in B.Pharma
Fill up the form below if you want to take admission in D.Pharma/B.Pharma in 2018-19 session. You will get a call back from the Top Pharmacy Colleges for admission in these courses.
Career Scope / Job in B.Pharma:
After completing the course, the Pharmacy Sector offers students many opportunities. Students can work in a pharmaceutical company or practice as a pharmacist. There are many opportunities available for students in both public and private sectors. You can also work in a government area. Apart from this, you can also work in a foreign company. You can also start your own consultation and medical shop.
Job profile after B.Pharma:
Job profile for B.Pharm can be as follows;
- Chemical / Drug Technician
- Biotechnology industry
- Drug Therapist
- Drug inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Health inspector
- Disease Lab
- Research & Development
- Creating prescriptions for patients
- Research Officer
Fields of Employment for B.Pharma:
After completion of B.Pharm, the areas of employment for students may be low;
- Hospitals and clinics (government and private)
- Statewise Drugs and Pharmaceutical Board
- Medical shop chain (choice of Apollo Pharmacy)
- Chemist Shops
- Abbott India
- Research bodies and laboratories
- Sun Pharmaceuticals
- Glaxo Smith Kline India
Pay Scale / Salary after B.Pharma:
The initial salary for freshers in this area can is up to Rs 20,000 per month, after getting an experience in this field, you can earn up to Rs 4,00,000/- to Rs. 6,00,000/- per year. The starting salary abroad can be between $ 12,000 and $ 15,000 per year.
“The Pharma aspirants are welcome to Ideal Career. Here we ensure your successful career and future in the field of Pharmacy. We focus on providing all assistance by making the admission easier and beneficial to admission seekers.”